June 13, 2018
We are seeking a Good Food Market Assistant. This is a part-time, seasonal position,
working every Tuesday and Wednesday at a total of 11 hours per week. The assistant will
support the Good Food Project by operating Good Food Markets at Morel Park, Copper
Cliff Playground and Atikamekshenk Anishnawbek Community Centre.
This position is anticipated to start immediately. The contract is anticipated to close
September 27, 2018.
The remuneration for this position is $16.00 per hour.
1. Possess a valid class G driver’s license with a safe driving record; ability to drive
a cargo van and tow a trailer;
2. Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
3. Knowledge of procedures used in the ordering, receiving, storing and inventory
management of food and supplies;
4. Possess a valid Food Handler certificate or willingness to acquire one;
5. Knowledge of food safety and traceability protocols and practices, such as
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP);
6. Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely;
7. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
8. Bilingualism is an asset;
9. Experience with school-nutrition related programs is an asset.
A detailed job description is attached. Interested applicants have until noon June
20th, 2018 to submit a resume.
Interested applicants please email your cover letter and resume to the email below:
Better Beginnings Better Futures
Attention: Angèle Young
450 Morin Avenue
Sudbury, Ontario, P3C 5H6